Monday, May 2, 2011

❤ Badger Lip Balm ❤


Badger lip balms are my new lip love. Every night after brushing my teeth I slather on a  lip balm.  When I had to give up my old stand-by, Smith’s Rosebud, I was truly sad. I wanted to find something that was organic and petroleum free, and I found it! Better yet, I think it works better than my old stuff. It smells delicious like chocolate, thanks to the moisturizing cocoa butter!  I have the Creamy Cocoa flavor and one of the tinted double-ended formulas in Rose Tourmaline. The colored side of the Rose Tourmaline goes on like a pale baby pink. Although it is a subtle color, the opalescent side gives you a little shimmer, perfect for those days that you are not feeling a made-up lip look.

Love you Badger! Not only does the company donate to charity, but their clean ingredients + USDA certified organic rating means that you never, ever have to worry about eating your lip balm again!

The once over………….

I’m bidding a (not-so-fond) farewell to: Smith’s Rosebud Salve, Kiehl's and Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers
Eco Belle Elle product pick: Badger Organic Lip Balm
Color/variety tried: Pink Tourmaline and the non-colored Creamy Cocoa
Buy: Lots of places! Whole Foods, various health stores and online retailers
Gonna lighten your bank account: $5-6.50
Cheers to:  Yummy smells, an organic and clean product, fab moisturizing, widely available and affordable pricing
Jeers to: Pretty much nothing
Shop 'til you drop?:  Yes! I can’t wait to get more colors and flavors!
Can't wait to try: Garnet & Opal Shimmer, Mocha Cocoa and Vanilla Bean
EWG score: 0- Creamy Cocoa, 1-Lip tint
Company low down: I bought this at my local health food store, so I didn't deal with the company directly. However, in perusing their website I am extremely impressed with the purity of their products ingredients, their highly-rated sunscreens and their company philosophy which includes charitable giving.
Ingredients: Lip tint: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Fair Trade Certified Cocoa Butter, *Castor Oil, *Aloe Vera, and CO2 Extracts of * Rosemary Antioxidant, *Seabuckthorn Berry, and *Rosehip.
* = Certified Organic, Each Tint contains one or all of the following: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Silica, Iron Oxide.
Lip Balm: Base Ingredients: *Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Extract, and CO2 Extracts of *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) & *Rosa Canina (Rosehip).
* = Certified Organic
BONUS POINTS: Badger donates 10% of before tax profits or $10,000 (whichever is greater) to non-profit organizations which focus on the healthcare & welfare of children. For more on why you should avoid petroleum products please see http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dangers-of-mineral-oil.html or http://www.health-report.co.uk/petroleum_petrolatum_health_concerns.htm, it will give you a brief glimpse into the controversial manufacturing process that results in thiscommon ingredient.

2 comments:

  1. Badger loves you, too! Thanks for the shout-out, and feel free to be in touch: jentrip@badgerbalm.com

    xoxo,
    Jentri & the Badgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!! You guys are so great- I love all your products. I am truly an ingredient purist and your brand is so trustworthy I can buy anything in your line without a second thought.
    ❤ e.b.e

    ReplyDelete